Viewing 1 to 6 (6 Total)
Menopausal Aches or Fibromyalgia or Worse??

LittleMissMenopause

LittleMissMenopause
Total Posts: 4

Hey FiftySomething Ladies - - (I only barely qualify as such. wink ) Ever since I turned 50, I feel like my body has been run over by a train upon waking every morning (even bought a new mattress!) but instead of the aches getting better as the day wears on, they grow worse. Sometimes I think I have bone cancer. Anyone else experience pain all over their body that just seems a bit too much to classify as "typical menopausal stuff?" Advice?

Tags:
Posted on October 7, 2015 at 6:58 PM

|

JVO

Total Posts: 2

Re: Menopausal Aches or Fibromyalgia or Worse??

Hey there, same here, but in my case it's arthritis and yes it has gotten worse with menopause, not sure why. Keeping moving seems the only thing to do... mine gets better after a while... have you gotten some advise from healthcare professionals?

Posted on October 8, 2015 at 8:34 AM

|

CanuckLynda

CanuckLynda
Total Posts: 3

mines not all over but I'm definitely definitely getting more muscle pain- and my carpal tunnel is worse then before. Sometimes a hot bath helps when its really bad....esp with a glass of red wine!! smiling grin grin

Posted on October 9, 2015 at 3:13 PM

|

LittleMissMenopause

LittleMissMenopause
Total Posts: 4

I really appreciate the response. I went out and bought a Temperpedic (that's what I call it since I'm always getting angry at my insomnia) mattress and though I don't sleep like a baby, I'm definitely having less pain!

Posted on November 6, 2015 at 10:26 AM

|

DrSherry

DrSherry
Total Posts: 6

Bone pain can be a symptom of menopause, even though it is not as common as hot flashes/night sweats, irregular periods, mood changes and insomnia. I would want to make sure that the bone pain was not associated with any other medical condition such as osteoporosis, breast cancer or multiple myeloma.

Posted on November 23, 2015 at 1:59 AM

|

DrMickey

DrMickey
Total Posts: 2

Assuming you made sure your aches and pains are not associated with any medical condition, than you probably can relate it to menopause.
When women are asked about the symptoms they attribute to menopause, it is not surprising to find hot flashes and night sweats near the top of the list.
However, a recent mid-life population survey found that, more women reported joint pains and aches, as the symptom that bothers them more than any other symptom. 41% of women approaching menopause and 57% of women 2 years post menopause, report that they experience significant joint pains and aches.

You may read many of my posts on the subject at the following link:
http://menopausematterstoday.com/?s=joint+and+bone+aches...

Posted on December 23, 2015 at 11:32 AM

|

Close it survey