Viewing 1 to 2 (2 Total)
Hot flashes and magnesium

hot_in_Cambridge

Total Posts: 1

hello everybody.
I have been having a lot of hot flashes lately but no other symptoms. My monthly visitor still arrives on a regular bases. Boo.
A friend of mine said that some of my symptoms might also be a magnesium deficiency. For example restless legs,dizzy,light headed, forgetful and just an all over feeling of being unwell. My hot flashes seem to be all over my body and immediately after I am cold. It doesn't start at my head and work down like most ladies.
Has anyone heard of this? Also, can I still have my monthly visitor if I'm menopausing?
thank you in advance!

Carol.

Tags:
Posted on November 6, 2015 at 1:01 PM

|

DrSherry

DrSherry
Total Posts: 6

Re: Hot flashes and magnesium

Perimenopause occurs 1 to 8 years before menopause. You can have regular monthly period yet have other symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes, mood changes and heart palpitations.
Signs of magnesium deficiency include loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue and weakness. More advanced symptoms include numbness, tingling, muscle contractions and cramps, seizures, personality changes, abnormal heart rhythms and coronary spams.

Restless legs (RLS) is a neurological disorder can be tricky to diagnose since there is no lab test to confirm this diagnosis. Symptoms of RLS include itching, pulling, throbbing, creeping, or unpleasant sensation in the legs and an uncontrollable urge to move them.

I suspect the symptoms you are describing are associated with perimenopause.

Posted on November 23, 2015 at 1:37 AM

|

Close it survey